Whirlpool Whirlpool Engineering Rotational Leadership Development (WERLD) Program in Benton Harbor Michigan United States
Whirlpool Engineering Rotational Leadership Development (WERLD) Program-A19E2
WHIRLPOOL ENGINEERING ROTATIONAL LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT (WERLD) PROGRAM
The Whirlpool Engineering Rotational Leadership Development (WERLD) Program is open to mechanical, electrical, materials science and chemical engineering undergraduate and graduate students who are seeking to launch their career with a global industry leader. Whirlpool Corporation, a Fortune 150 consumer products company, seeks engineers and innovators for our Global Product Organization, which drives the development of bold new innovation and designs for customers around the world. As the global #1 manufacturer and marketer of home appliances, including such iconic brands as Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, and Amana, our engineers develop and refine technologies that add value and make customers' lives easier.
The WERLD Program is a premier engineering rotational training program that develops world-class engineering leaders through challenging assignments, global team projects, integrated training and development, and formal coaching and mentoring programs. Furthermore, these technical leaders have accountability for key projects and develop and apply an expanded working knowledge of products, processes and test requirements, specific to their area of expertise.
Members of the WERLD Program can expect:
- the opportunity for a performance-based 6-month international assignment in one of our many technology research centers around the world
- leadership, technical, and cross-functional competency development
- a thorough introduction to engineering and technology from a global product perspective
- an opportunity to work in several functional assignments including: Product Development, Research & Development, Modular Systems and Sets, Product Approval and Testing Laboratories, Engineering Capability, Product Quality, and Manufacturing
- sponsorship and funding opportunity for continuing education for a technical Masters degree
- opportunity to learn and apply Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- access to the engineering rotational program alumni network of 20+ years
- competitive salary, benefits package and progressive bonus program
Qualifications and Requirements:
To succeed in this program, you will need the following skills, experience, and qualifications:
- B.S. or M.S. in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or relevant scientific field with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to apply engineering theory to practical problems
- Outstanding people skills with the specific ability to successfully network, lead and drive results on projects and teams
- Dynamic self-starter with strong decision-making skills
To apply for the Whirlpool Engineering Rotational Leadership Development (WERLD) Program, submit your resume directly to our recruiter through our online application system at http://www.whirlpoolcareers.com/ *
*In order to satisfy requirements by the U.S. Dept. of Labor and the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), individuals must complete Whirlpool Corporation's online application to be considered for employment. Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required for U.S. employment opportunities unless otherwise specified.
About Whirlpool Corporation:
Whirlpool Corporation is the global leader of the $150 Billion home appliance manufacturing industry. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world. Whirlpool just recently celebrated a century of leadership and success. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, leadership impact in our communities, business performance, and reputation - Whirlpool has been selected #9 globally among Fortune magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, and Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies. This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan - a breathtaking vacation community on 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant, all this and we are located only 90 minutes from Chicago. The company is host to numerous diversity groups, including a Young Professionals Network of more than 700 local members who are active in volunteering in corporate social responsibility commitments like Habitat for Humanity, Cook for the Cure, United Way, Boys and Girls Club, and many more. Southwest Michigan is also home to a new Jack Nicklaus signature golf course called Harbor Shores, 17 other public golf courses, nearly 20 wineries, the #2 inner-coastal beach in the world as ranked by Delta Airlines, two art districts, many seasonal festivals, outdoor concerts and events. Whirlpool has 67 global manufacturing and technology centers around the world with regional headquarters in Sao Paulo, Brazil - Comerio, Italy - and Shanghai, China. Additional information about our company can be found at http://www.whirlpoolcorp.com/.
## Job: Leadership Development Program
Primary Location: US-MI-Benton Harbor/St. Joseph
Organization: Global Product Organization
Req ID: A19E2