Whirlpool eCommerce Project Manager in Benton Harbor Michigan United States
eCommerce Project Manager-A19J0
About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world's 100 most innovative companies by Business Week magazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and Fortune magazine.
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our trade customer and end consumers around the globe.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Project Manager opening to join our North American Region (NAR) GIS - WIN ONLINE organization.
Day to Day (what a typical day or week look like in this role)
- Today, you might be working with colleagues across the North American Region to implement new websites and web based capabilities or designing capabilities utilizing innovative technology. Tomorrow, you may be supporting and working with digital marketing managers or business owners to develop and strategize the brand's e-commerce and digital presence.
- Support the NAR Business in ideation and conceptualization activities, including: definition of strategic objectives , project charter, stakeholder analysis and business case
- Drive consistent project delivery through the entire project lifecycle, including: definition of project plans, resource allocation, and management of project risks, scope, schedule, cost, and benefits
- Manage working relationships with key stakeholders, including, executive management, business management, project sponsors, suppliers, and technology management
- Oversee and manage execution of day-to-day project activities. Build effective teams. Drive performance and talent management, development, and mentoring
- Direct activities of third party suppliers in support of projects within area of responsibility
What You Will Do
Support the NAR Business in the following pre-ideation tollgate activities:
Determine project objectives, initial project plan, schedule, and budget
Plan resources (initial / high-level)
Develop project business case
Direct and manage multi-disciplinary teams in the development of plans, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for completion of a project
- Adapt project specifications, plans, and approach to the different concerns and expectations of stakeholders
- Provide direction and guidance on processes to successfully launch new websites
- Provide direction and guidance on processes to successfully launch new capabilities within websites
- Maintain and share a comprehensive knowledge of the e-business marketplace, processes and capabilities
- Balance the competing demands for quality, scope, schedule, and cost
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans
- Update monthly project forecast, maintain project budgets (starting in Conceptualization phase)
- Review project proposals or plans to determine effort and schedule requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project, arrange for assignment of project personnel from internal and external sources
- Confer with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure the project progresses on schedule and budget
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedule or plan as required
- Submit weekly project status report
- Chair weekly project management meetings
- Prepare project reports as required (e.g. Priority Council one-pagers)
- Coordinate intra- and interdepartmental matters necessary to expedite projects
- Facilitate and troubleshoot the solution of problems associated with designing, implementing, leading, and completing projects
- Support Business Analyst in identifying and managing requirements
- Support Program Manager, PMO, and others in developing or continuously improving policies and procedures to support project excellence and continuous improvement
- Develop and prepare special customer surveys and information gathering tools; coordinate survey instruments; direct staff in conducting survey; report survey results; monitor survey success
- Prepare and present clear and concise oral and written communications
- Establish and maintain contacts with internal and external stakeholders, to provide information, garner acceptance and support of the project, and ensure that the project meets business needs
- Serve as the principal point of contact for the business and the project team, responding to inquiries and providing information pertaining to the status of assigned projects
- Provide functional supervision over consultants and contractors, and supervise (dotted line) technical staff
- Coordinate the selection of project staff; evaluate performance; and provide feedback to departmental managers regarding staff performance.
- Assess training needs of project team members; develops, coordinates, and conducts specialized training as required
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
What You Need To Succeed
- Bachelor's or Master degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline and equivalent work experience and training
- Minimum of six years experience with technology-related projects is required, including a minimum of four years of direct project management experience.
- Solid understanding of project management methodologies and hands-on experience in managing all aspects of project delivery, PMI PMP certification desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience with project management of e-business related initiatives desirable. Specific experience managing work in the IBM Websphere Commerce platform preferred.
- Work experience managing geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups
- Experience managing multiple initiatives
- Ability to lead others to implement new approaches, systems, structures and methods
- Supervisory experience in the management of information systems
- Experience in working with Outside Service Providers
- Strong analytical, organizational and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated strong verbal/written communication skills with the ability to simplify and communicate complex issues to multiple audiences
- Process engineering and re-engineering techniques and practices
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.
## Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: US-MI-Benton Harbor/St. Joseph
Organization: Corporate Center
Req ID: A19J0