Whirlpool Digital & eCommerce Principal Architect in Benton Harbor Michigan United States
Digital & eCommerce Principal Architect-A1AZ1
About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool Corporation is the global leader of the $110 Billion home appliance manufacturing industry. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world. Whirlpool has 67 global manufacturing and technology centers around the world with regional headquarters in Sao Paulo, Brazil - Comerio, Italy - and Shanghai, China. Whirlpool just recently celebrated a century of leadership and success.
The company is host to numerous diversity groups, including a Young Professionals Network of more than 700 local members who are active in volunteering in corporate social responsibility commitments like Habitat for Humanity, Cook for the Cure, United Way, Boys and Girls Club, and many more. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, leadership impact in our communities, business performance, and reputation - Whirlpool has been selected #9 globally among Fortune magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, and Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies.
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan - a breathtaking vacation community on 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, ice fishing, skating, cross country or downhill skiing and beach volleyball are abundant, all this and we are located only 90 minutes from Chicago and less than an hour from smaller cities such as Kalamazoo and South Bend. Southwest Michigan is also home to a new Jack Nicklaus signature golf course called Harbor Shores, 17 other public golf courses, nearly 20 wineries, the #2 inner-coastal beach in the world as ranked by Delta Airlines, two art districts, many seasonal festivals, outdoor concerts and events.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Global Principal Architect - Digital & eCommerce opening to join our Global Information Systems (GIS) organization.
Day to Day (what a typical day or week look like in this role)
A week in this role ..
- Finding the best and optimal solution for a business need ( in consultation with Enterprise Architecture)
- Creating Win-Win's for the project, vendor, business and Whirlpool by solving major project issues
- Supporting many projects that are in various phases
What You Will Do
- Implement Ecommerce architecture, visualization and development processes
- Determines and develops architectural approaches and solutions, conducts business reviews, documents current systems and develops recommendations of how to proceed with the applications.
- Ensures success of enterprise-level Ecommerce rollouts.
- Coordinate globally dispersed development, QA, deployment and reuse
- Mentor IT teams in Websphere Commerce Development best practices.
- Defines and maintains architecture and technology standards and best practices for applications, middleware, and databases, including both in-house development and third-party applications.
- Provides guidance and direction to project teams to ensure compliance with the standards and best practices.
- Evaluates and recommends technologies and techniques for applicability to current systems.
- Maintains expertise as a SME in commerce architecture technical disciplines, and defines architectural standards and best practices within that discipline.
- Interacts with sponsors and internal customers to effect solutions for enterprise business requirements.
- Guides architectural focus groups as the prime Subject Matter Expert, and mentors team members on new technologies in the area of expertise.
- Prepares and maintains documents that include architecture diagrams, data models, and navigation maps.
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry and enterprise-wide trends on eCommerce/ Online
- Utilize deep understanding of one or more Ecommerce Solutions to make appropriate decisions, preferably IBM Websphere Commerce, Endeca, Interwoven/Open Deploy
- Establish high, mid and micro level plans, and support the PM's & Interface with the Vendor teams to gather/create estimates
- Identify risk on project and collaborate with the PM on risk mitigation
- Extend the conceptual design of the overall solution by developing the process, data, and application integration components into a functional design.
- Analyze the use cases and activity diagrams to identify any additional requirements. Based on the activity and data flow diagrams, create an inventory of all cross-application interactions or interfaces
- Use the business process design to drive out the full set of application requirements: functional, quality, integration, and security.
- Work with the business analyst, architects to create a high-level design of an end-to-end integration solution by: 1) defining the flow of data between the applications that must be integrated, 2) mapping business process activities to the applications that support them, and 3) drafting a data object model that provides a common structure for mapping the data between the applications
- Validate that the integration functional designs meet the overall business process integration requirements and are consistent with the Conceptual Design.
- Establish and maintain contacts with internal and external stakeholders, to provide information, garner acceptance and support of the project, and ensure that the project meets business needs
- Provide functional supervision over consultants and contractors, and supervise (dotted line) technical staff
- Coordinate the selection of project staff; evaluate performance; and provide feedback to departmental managers regarding staff performance.
- Assess training needs of project team members; develops, coordinates, and conducts specialized training as required
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
What You Need To Succeed
- Education - Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems
- Leadership - Ability motivate and influence others to achieve results; provide creative and influential technical thought leadership
- Collaborative - Ability to work globally beyond boundaries in a team environment
- Accountable - Ability to demonstrate ownership, both individual and shared, to achieve results
- Self-Starter - Strong bias for action and sense of urgency
- Customer Focused - Customer focused with strong interpersonal skills that will enable relationships
- Communication - Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Integrity - High integrity team player who has a record of winning the confidence and trust of colleagues.
- Analytical - Detail oriented, with strong analytical, organizational and decision-making skills
- Solutions Focused - Proactive with a continuous improvement mindset to challenges. Maintained strong technical skills by working closely with Vendor developers to solve the most challenging issues.
- Change Agent - Ability to recognize opportunities and drive changes to achieve higher results
- Tolerance for Ambiguity - Confidence in the face of adversity and an ability to work through uncertainty
- Multi-tasking - Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and effectively manage deadlines
- Standards & Best Practices Creation and Enforcement
- Community Professional Development - Support the Design Lead community
- Winning Spirit
This position requires execution of Whirlpool's Non-Disclosure and Non-Competition Agreement.
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.
## Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: US-MI-Benton Harbor/St. Joseph
Organization: Corporate Center
Req ID: A1AZ1